<MP>Wednesday, 17 June 2009M

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:54:11 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F A T H E R ' S    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Father's Day Page for great links, some Father's Day pass-alongs,
a Father's Day Blessing and much more.  You can even create a tie for dad!
Just follow the banner link from:

St. Joseph Cafasso (1811-1860)
Even as a young man, Joseph loved to attend Mass and was known for his
humility and fervor in prayer. After his ordination he was assigned to a
seminary in Turin. There he worked especially against the spirit of
Jansenism, an excessive preoccupation with sin and damnation. Joseph used
the works of St. Francis de Sales and St. Alphonsus Liguori to moderate the
rigorism popular at the seminary.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters, consider this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap
sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. ~2
Corinthians 9:6-11

But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you may not
appear to others to be fasting, except to your Father who is hidden. And
your Father who sees what is hidden will repay you." ~Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

When we look after our health we exercise, eat right and have balance in our
lives.  It is best that we not haul lots of fitness equipment, etc. along
with us for everybody to see.  With faith too, Jesus says we shouldn't
parade around praying, fasting and giving alms.  Our spiritual condition can
become attractive to others.  Our accounts of the hard work we've gone
through ... and our judgment aren't likely to be helpful.

I pray that I may give bountifully to others.  I pray too, that my spiritual
life will set an attractive example for others to follow.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Betty asks prayers for her granddaughter who is pregnant and has cancer. A
member requests prayers for healing for a young adult, who was in a car
accident and has a severe head injury. Nancy asks prayers for a special
intention.

Judi asks prayers for a special intention. Henry requests prayers for a good
friend who has been suffering from bone cancer for 10 years. Debbie asks for
prayers for a friend who will be traveling to her sister's funeral.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for the members of the youth group and adult
chaperones from her parish who are attending Catholic Heart WorkCamp in
Toledo, Ohio, this week, that they may have a successful week helping others
and also seeing Christ in those less fortunate than themselves. Sue requests
prayers for her daughter and her boyfriend who are having troubles.

Dave and Delynn ask prayers for their son who is in college at IA State.
Joyce asks for prayers for her daughter, that she has good test results and
effective chemo on Thursday. Alvina asks prayers for a special intention. A
member requests prayers for a young mother with stage 4 breast cancer, that
she may receive a miracle and be healed.

Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. A member from India requests
prayers that God totally heals her sister's caesarean wound after her recent
delivery from pus and infection & that her medication does not harm her
baby.

Brian  asks prayers for a special intention. Jenie asks prayers for herself
and her husband whose marriage is on the verge of failing. Sandra asks
prayers for a special intention.