<MP>Wednesday, 17 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:49:49 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

F R O M    M A Y O    C L I N I C
If today’s blood tests come back OK I’ll have some more infusions, but
Chemo on Saturday and Sunday … and the Transplant on Sunday. There’s much
more at my Blog.  Just follow this link:
www.frpat.com/mayoblog

W E    A S K    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    P L E A S E
This morning a 15-year-old child from our Parish didn’t wake up. Please
keep him, his family and his many friends in your prayers during this
brutally difficult time.  Pray for the students of our own Saint Patrick
School where his sister is in 5th Grade, and the students, faculty and
staff at Onalaska High School where he was a student. May his soul and the
souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace.  Amen.

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Lazarus
Lazarus, the friend of Jesus, the brother of Martha and Mary, was the one
of whom the Jews said, "See how much he loved him." In their sight Jesus
raised his friend Lazarus from the dead. For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

Jacob called his sons and said to them: “Assemble and listen, sons of
Jacob, listen to Israel, your father. “You, Judah, shall your brothers
praise –your hand on the neck of your enemies; the sons of your father
shall bow down to you. ~Genesis 49:2, 8-10

Justice shall flourish in his time, and fullness of peace for ever.
~Psalm 72

The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of
Abraham. Abraham became the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob,
Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers. Judah became the father of
Perez and Zerah …….  ~Matthew 1:1-17

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

We may remember Christmas Eve Masses and hearing the complete genealogy of
Jesus traced back forty-two generations … and that’s to Saint Joseph, not
even to Mary.  How important our ancestors are.  How important we are too,
as we strive to set a worthy example in our own families. Many of us have
done so.  Many of us have had lapses.  Still, we’re called to prepare the
way of the Lord this Season.  May our ancestors be proud of us … and my
our own family members be able to say that they’ve drawn nearer to God and
His Kingdom through our example!

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may be grateful for my ancestors and the faith they passed
on to me.  I pray that I may be a worth ancestor to those who come after
me … helping them draw nearer to the Lord through my example.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10