<MP>Wednesday, 16 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:38:56 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Jesus  was praying in a certain place, and after he had finished, one of his
disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his
disciples."  He said to them, "When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your
name. Your kingdom come.  Give us each day our daily bread.  And forgive us
our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone indebted to us. And do not bring
us to the time of trial."  ~Luke 11:1-4

I need not become weary in prayer.  When one day we see how unexpectedly our
prayer has been answered, then we may deeply regret that we have prayed so
little.  Prayer can change things for us.  We can practice praying until our
trust in God has become strong.  And then we can pray on, because it has
become so much a habit that we need it daily.  We can keep praying until
prayer seems to become communion with God.  That is the note on which true
times of prayer can end.

I pray that I may form the habit of daily prayer.  I pray that I may find
the strength I need, as a result of this communion.

Amy asks prayers for her dear friend who is sick with cancer. Marlene asks
for prayers for her daughter and daughter in law who are both expecting
babies in Oct and Nov., that their babies may be born when due as healthy
babies. For special intentions and someone who needs to pass a test. Pavitra
asks prayers for several special intentions.

Mary requests prayers for the safety of our troops, especially the three
that were abducted. Mary Ellen requests prayers for herself and her brother
for special intentions. Mom asks intercession of Mother Mary for daughter &
son-in-law on verge of losing everything but especially their marriage.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.