<MP>Wednesday, 16 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:45:39 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Bonaventure (1221-1274)
Bonaventure, Franciscan, theologian, doctor of the Church, was both learned
and holy. Because of the spirit that filled him and his writings, he was at
first called the Devout Doctor; but in more recent centuries he has been
known as the Seraphic Doctor after the "Seraphic Father" Francis because of
the truly Franciscan spirit he possessed.  For more, follow the link below:
For more, follow the link below:

Therefore the Lord, the LORD of hosts, will send among his fat ones
leanness, And instead of his glory there will be kindling like the kindling
of fire.  ~Isaiah 10:5-7, 13b-16

At that time Jesus exclaimed: "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven
and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the
learned you have revealed them to the childlike.  ~Matthew 11:25-27

Little children are blessed with God's revelation, knowing instinctively
that expressing love and thanks and trusting in God and the help of others
are qualities that will last forever. They know what love is, but not money.
They know that God is with them always.  Sometimes when we grow up the
things of the world become more important.  We become fat and long for
glory.  But it does not come for us. We need to re-learn the things that
last forever.

I pray that I may recapture what I new when I was a child ... that I can
accept the help of others without shame, that I can say "thank you and I
love you," that I may know God's is with me all the time. I pray that my
childlike faith will have an effect on others who have become too fat and
looking for glory.