<MP>Wednesday, 15 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:39:23 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.  Call Pentecost
      Tours for availability:  800 713-9800
   10-22 November 2008

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Teresa of Avila (1515-1582)
Teresa lived in an age of exploration as well as political, social and
religious upheaval. It was the 16th century, a time of turmoil and reform.
Her life began with the culmination of the Protestant Reformation, and ended
shortly after the Council of Trent. The gift of God to Teresa in and through
which she became holy and left her mark on the Church and the world is
threefold: She was a woman; she was a contemplative; she was an active
reformer.  For more, follow the link below:

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh with its
passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the
Spirit. ~Galatians 5:18-25

Then one of the scholars of the law said to him in reply, "Teacher, by
saying this you are insulting us too." And he said, "Woe also to you
scholars of the law! You impose on people burdens hard to carry, but you
yourselves do not lift one finger to touch them."  ~Luke 11;42-46

Our expectations of others can sometimes be much higher than our
expectations of ourselves. We are advised to avoid immoral living and
embrace the Spirit.  As Paul tells the Galatians, "Now those who belong to
Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires." We
are called to live as people of the Spirit.  When we do so we become more
helpful toward others than critical of them. This helpfulness leads us to
receiving the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

I pray that I may belong to Christ Jesus, crucify my flesh and live in the
Spirit.  I pray that I may lose interest in criticizing others as I become
more and more helpful,  I pray that I may receive the fruit of the Spirit,
and share this fruit with those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Member fervently asks for prayers for our Nation during the upcoming
election that we will elect a candidate that does not endorse abortion.
Nancy from PA requests prayers that all Catholics go online at
www.faithfulcitizenship.org. and prayer the novena recommended by the
National Conference of Catholic Bishops before the elections on Nov. 4th.

Luvina requests prayers for her grand-daughter that she may realize the
importance of improved social skills. Evelyn asks prayers for a special
intention. A member asks prayers for his cousin's prematurely-born son, for
his health and for strength for the whole family.

Barb asks prayers for a special intention. Amy asks prayers for her
boyfriend, that he feels less stressed at work and at home. Carol requests
prayer for her son who is having problems with his children. Sandy asks for
prayers for her neighbor who is 47 and has colon cancer. Diane asks prayers
for a special intention. Angela asks prayers for several intentions.