<MP>Wednesday, 15 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:10:43 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Bonaventure (1221-1274)
Bonaventure, Franciscan, theologian, doctor of the Church, was both
learned and holy. Because of the spirit that filled him and his writings,
he was at first called the Devout Doctor; but in more recent centuries he
has been known as the Seraphic Doctor after the ?Seraphic Father? Francis
because of the truly Franciscan spirit he possessed.

But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and lead the
children of Israel out of Egypt?" He answered, "I will be with you;
and this shall be your proof that it is I who have sent you: when you
bring my people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this very mountain."
~Exodus 3:1-6, 9-12

At that time Jesus exclaimed: "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of
heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise
and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. ~Matthew 22:25-27

We are God's children.  He gives us so many good things.  Moses was chosen
and lead the children of Israel out of Egypt.  In today's Gospel we hear "
... although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned
you have revealed them to the childlike." We can keep ourselves innocent
and open to receive what God has to offer us.

I pray that I may remain open to what God has to give me.  I pray that I
may remain childlike in the presence of God.