<MP>Wednesday, 15 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:43:37 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Caesar de Bus (1544-1607)
Like so many of us, Caesar de Bus struggled with the decision about what to
do with his life. After completing his Jesuit education he had difficulty
settling between a military and a literary career. He wrote some plays but
ultimately settled for life in the army and at court. For a time life was
going rather smoothly for the engaging, well-to-do young Frenchman. He was
confident he had made the right choice. That was until he saw firsthand the
realities of battle, including the St. Bartholomew's Day massacres of French
Protestants in 1572.  For more, follow the link below:

When all the people saw him walking and praising God, they recognized him as
the one who used to sit begging at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, and
they were filled with amazement and astonishment at what had happened to
him. ~Acts 3:1-10

And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said
the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.
With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished
from their sight. ~Luke 24:13-35

During the time after Jesus' Resurrection, the Church grew ... on the
strength of eyewitnesses, miracles, and continued appearances of Jesus to
His disciples. In today's first reading a lame man walks ... and in the
Gospel Jesus friends recognized him in the breaking of the bread.  Our
treasure today is in our faith and in the Real Presence of our Lord Jesus
Christ in the Eucharist.  We can receive the true Body and Blood of the Lord
every time we go to Communion!

I pray that my faith may continue to grow this Holy Season.  I pray that
others might come to believe more strongly as they see my increased faith!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jeanne asks prayers for a special intention. Dolly asks prayers for her
niece to have a favorable result of her bone scan on Friday, April 17th.
Sandy requests prayers for her son who is battling brain cancer, that the
cancer does not progress.

Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his family.
Bill asks prayers for his elderly sister who is weak from pneumonia and
heart problems. Harry asks prayers for a special intention.

Lois requests prayers for a friend who is in a deeply depressed stage of
bi-polar disease. Genny asks prayers for a special intention. Marianna asks
prayers for two special intentions. Paul asks prayers for his 17 year-old
daughter who is pregnant. Debbie requests prayers for her friend who is
scheduled for colon cancer surgery on Tuesday.