<MP>Wednesday, 14 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:06:52 -0500

   .=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
18-28 October 2010 - $2899 from O'Hare, $2959 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are available at my Web Site: www.frpat.com

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha (1656-1680)
The blood of martyrs is the seed of saints. Nine years after the Jesuits
Isaac Jogues and John de Brébeuf were tomahawked by Iroquois warriors, a
baby girl was born near the place of their martyrdom, Auriesville, New York.
Her mother was a Christian Algonquin, taken captive by the Iroquois and
given as wife to the chief of the Mohawk clan, the boldest and fiercest of
the Five Nations. When she was four, Kateri lost her parents and little
brother in a smallpox epidemic that left her disfigured and half blind. She
was adopted by an uncle, who succeeded her father as chief. He hated the
coming of the Blackrobes (Jesuit missionaries), but could do nothing to them
because a peace treaty with the French required their presence in villages
with Christian captives. She was moved by the words of three Blackrobes who
lodged with her uncle, but fear of him kept her from seeking instruction.
She refused to marry a Mohawk brave and at 19 finally got the courage to
take the step of converting. She was baptized with the name Kateri
(Catherine) on Easter Sunday.

For more, follow this link:

The Lord will not abandon his people. ~Psalm 94

At that time Jesus exclaimed: "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven
and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the
learned you have revealed them to the childlike. ~Matthew 11:25-27

Children are so trusting and innocent. They can see to the heart of things
and know where love comes from. It is good if we can become like little
children and accept God's love, forgiveness and mission in the simple ways
of a child.

I pray that I may accept God's love and God's call as a child does.  I pray
that I may be childlike and come to understand more fully the ways of God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lillian asks prayers for a special intention. Sylvia asks prayers to give
her daughter strength. JoAnne requests prayers for her son who's funeral is
Wednesday, and for her grieving family. Nicholas asks prayers for his
girlfriend who will be going through potential life changing surgery. Don
requests prayers for his family who have physical, mental and addiction
problems.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse