<MP>Wednesday, 14 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:38:20 -0600

V A L E N T I N E ' S    D A Y

I found a group of Valentines dating from 1848-1921.  They were sent from
the Blair/Arcadia area.  I scanned them , along with some of the written
messages inside.  Come and see this treasure. The message from one of the
1848 Valentines is included at the bottom of this e-mail.  Visit our Web
Site for our Valentine's Day Page.  I've included some good links, including
the History of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine, and a *wonderful* story ...
"The Beautiful Heart." Use the easy on-line referral form too, to recommend
this page to family members and friends.  Learn more about Devotion to the
Sacred Heart of Jesus as well. Just follow the link from:

      http://frpat.com/

     From Father Pat Umberger

"He said to them, 'Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest
a while.'"  ~Mark 6:31

I can keep a time apart with God every day.  I can be transformed mentally
and spiritually.  It is not the praying so much as just being in God's
presence.  The strengthening and curative powers of this I cannot
understand, because such knowledge is beyond human understanding, but I can
experience them.  The poor, sick world could be cured if every day each soul
waited before God for the inspiration to live aright. My greatest spiritual
growth can occur in this time apart with God.

I pray that I may faithfully keep a quiet time apart with God.  I pray that
I may grow spiritually each day.

George asks prayers for two people who recently left hospital with a long
recuperation period ahead of them both. Helen asks prayers for a very dear
friend, who is likely facing divorce; that they are able to resolve the
issues and continue their marriage. Jerry asks for us to pray for his Aunt
who is having Cancer Surgery.

Celeste asks prayers for a special intention. Bill asks prayers of
Thanksgiving for health concerns answered. Frieda asks prayers for a special
intention. Dorothy asks prayers for a special intention. Suzanne asks
prayers for a special intention. Kim asks for prayers for her mother to
overcome alcohol addiction.