<MP>Wednesday, 13 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:22:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Our Lady of Fatima
Between May 13 and October 13, 1917, three Portuguese children received
apparitions of Our Lady at Cova da Iria, near Fatima, a city 110 miles north
of Lisbon. (See February 20 entry for Blessed Jacinta and Francisco Marto).
Mary asked the children to pray the rosary for world peace, for the end of
World War I, for sinners and for the conversion of Russia.  For more, follow
the link below:

When they arrived in Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the Church, as well as
by the Apostles and the presbyters, and they reported what God had done with
them. But some from the party of the Pharisees who had become believers
stood up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them and direct them to
observe the Mosaic law." The Apostles and the presbyters met together to see
about this matter. ~Acts 15:1-6

Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine,
so neither can you unless you remain in me. ~John 15:1-8

How important it is for us to stay connected.  Although it is wonderful to
have human connections, it is best for us to be connected with the Lord.  As
we hear in today's Gospel, "Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own
unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me."

I pray that I may be strong in my connection to the Lord.  I ray that I may
bear the fruit God would like me to bear.