<MP>Wednesday, 13 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:23:10 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

.=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y:=.

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me
on a level path.  For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life. In your
righteousness bring me out of trouble.  In your steadfast love cut off my
enemies, and destroy all my adversaries, for I am your servant." ~Psalm
143:10-12

When we are honestly trying to live the way we believe Gods wants us to
live, we can get guidance from God in times of quiet communion.  We can
direct our thoughts toward God's will and all good thing.  The attitude of
"Your will be done" leads to clear guidance.  We can act on this guidance
and we can be led to better things.  Our impulses can seem to become less
our own and more the leading of God's spirit acting through our thoughts.
Obeyed, they can bring us the answers to our prayers.

I pray that I may try to think God's thoughts after God.  I pray that my
thoughts maybe guided by God's thoughts.

Amy asks prayers for a special intention. Marie asks prayers for a special
intention. Member asks for prayers that the Lord would calm her nerves. PJ
requests prayers for his son, that he may be healed soon from his viral
infection.

Debbie asks for prayers for her son to find a good job to support his
family. James asks prayers for his wife who has stress and hypertension.
Cheryl asks prayers for a special intention. Florence asks prayers for her
cousin's husband who is having surgery today for the removal of his lung.

Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Joanna, asks for prayers for
her mom who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer that God watch over her
until He decides to take her back to eternal life. Member request prayers
for herself and husband who need the help of the Holy Spirit in a difficult
marriage.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site