<MP>Wednesday, 12 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:02:32 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P E N T E C O S T    N O V E N A
Starts on Friday, 14 May!
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need. So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 14th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Holy Thursday is transferred to the
next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!  Follow the banner link from:
www.frpat.com

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Sts. Nereus and Achilleus (1st century)
Devotion to these two saints goes back to the fourth century, though almost
nothing is known of their lives. They were praetorian soldiers of the Roman
army, became Christians and were removed to the island of Terracina, where
they were martyred. Their bodies were buried in a family vault, later known
as the cemetery of Domitilla. Excavations by De Rossi in 1896 resulted in
the discovery of their empty tomb in the underground church built by Pope
Siricius in 390. Two hundred years after their death, Pope Gregory the Great
delivered his 28th homily on the occasion of their feast. "These saints,
before whom we are assembled, despised the world and trampled it under their
feet when peace, riches and health gave it charms."

For more, follow this link:

God has overlooked the times of ignorance, but now he demands that all
people everywhere repent because he has established a day on which he will
'judge the world with justice' through a man he has appointed, and he has
provided confirmation for all by raising him from the dead." Acts 15:15,
22-18:1

Jesus said to his disciples: "I have much more to tell you, but you cannot
bear it now. But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to
all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears,
and will declare to you the things that are coming. ~John 16:12-15

Jesus continues to prepare his Disciples for His Ascension and promises the
Spirit of truth to lead His disciples to all truth. His disciples continue
to travel and build up the body of believers, collecting those who will
listen.

I pray that I may help build up the body of believers through my thougths
and actions. I pray that I may rely on the Spirit of truth to help me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A family friend requests prayers for a beautiful baby girl who was born
prematurely with complications. Joe asks our prayers as he faces cancer.
Tina asks prayers for several special intentions. Deb asks prayers for her
son who is desperately seeking employment.

Member asks for prayers for grandson who has drinking and social problems.
Vicki asks for prayers that her radiation treatments are successful and that
chemo will not be necessary. Theresa asks prayers for a special intention.
Debbie thanks everyone for their prayers for her Aunt who has terminal brain
cancer and now only has a few days left on this earth that God's angels may
gently carry her to her new home with our Lord.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse