<MP>Wednesday, 12 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:42:25 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  The brochure will be available at the Web Site very soon.  $2699 from
Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure is available in
Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
in English and Spanish, for adults and children alike.  Follow the link
from www.frpat.com

Blessed Angela Salawa (1881-1922)
Angela served Christ and Christ?s little ones with all her strength.
Born in Siepraw, near Kraków, Poland, she was the 11th child of Bartlomiej
and Ewa Salawa. In 1897, she moved to Kraków where her older sister
Therese lived. Angela immediately began to gather together and instruct
young women domestic workers. During World War I, she helped prisoners of
war without regard for their nationality or religion. The writings of
Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross were a great comfort to her. For
more, follow the link below:

Nebuchadnezzar exclaimed, ?Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and
Abednego, who sent his angel to deliver the servants who trusted in him;
they disobeyed the royal command and yielded their bodies rather than
serve or worship any god except their own God.?  ~ Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92,
95

Jesus said to them, ?If God were your Father, you would love me,for I came
from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me.?  ~ John
8:31-42

We have the choice of what God to serve.  Sometimes our god becomes our
wants and needs.  We can fool ourselves into believing that God the Father
is our God.  Then we can take a look and honestly try to determine whether
our actions, not just our words, would tel the true story of where our
faith lives.

I pray that I may love God, our Father with my whole heart and soul.  I
pray that others may be able to tell who my God truly is by the way I live
my life each day.