<MP>Wednesday, 12 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:48:58 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Our Lady of Guadalupe
The feast in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe goes back to the sixteenth
century. Chronicles of that period tell us the story. A poor Indian named
Cuauhtlatohuac was baptized and given the name Juan Diego. He was a
57-year-old widower and lived in a small village near Mexico City. On
Saturday morning, December 9, 1531, he was on his way to a nearby barrio to
attend Mass in honor of Our Lady.  It's one of the best stories ever.  I've
been to Guadalupe 18 times and will return there this January. For more
about this wonderful miracle, click the link below.  And check the special
page at my Web Site: www.frpat.com

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the
moon under her feet,
and on her head a crown of twelve stars.  ~Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab

Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me
according to your word." Then the angel departed from her.  ~Luke 1:26-38

Mary appeared to the Mexican people in 1531 and showed them, as she has
shown so many others, that they are close to God and to her. We all need
such reminders. As we continue on our Advent journey we can recall how much
God loves us, and how Jesus was sent to us to be "God with us."

I pray that I may appreciate how much God loves me and wants to draw near to
me.  I pray that I may trust in God and follow His call wherever it leads
me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member asks prayers that her granddaughter will find her way. Dolly asks
prayers that she and her friend be completely healed from cancer. Charlotte
asks prayers for the healing of her son who is undergoing chemotherapy for
cancer.

Rose asks prayers that her joint business venture be completed and sold to
solve financial and family embarrassments. Juanita asks prayers for a
special intention. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her best friend's son
and daughter-in-law that they have a healthy pregnancy and deliver a healthy
child since they experienced several previous miscarriages.

Ruth asks prayers for a special intention. Michelle requests prayers for her
mother who is having surgery. Toni and Ted ask prayers for a special
intention. Maria asks prayers that her home sells quickly and the move back
to New Jersey will happen smoothly.

A member requests prayers for his father and himself who are experiencing
health problems, for healing and comfort. Valerie asks prayers for a mother
of three who is having severe heart problems. A member asks prayers for
healing. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her son, daughter, niece and
nephew, all of whom don't practice their Catholic faith, that the Infant
Jesus and Our Blessed Mother may lead them back to the faith and the
Sacraments.