<MP>Wednesday, 11 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:27:59 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. John Ogilvie (c. 1579-1615)
John Ogilvie's noble Scottish family was partly Catholic and partly
Presbyterian. His father raised him as a Calvinist, sending him to the
continent to be educated. There John became interested in the popular
debates going on between Catholic and Calvinist scholars. Confused by the
arguments of Catholic scholars whom he sought out, he turned to Scripture.
Two texts particularly struck him: "God wills all men to be saved and come
to the knowledge of the truth," and "Come to me all you who are weary and
find life burdensome, and I will refresh you."  For more, follow the link
below:

Heed me, O LORD, and listen to what my adversaries say. Must good be repaid
with evil that they should dig a pit to take my life? ~Jeremiah 18:18-20

Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant; whoever
wishes to be first among you shall be your slave. Just so, the Son of Man
did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for
many." ~Matthew 20:17-28

It is natural for us to want to succeed, to be great.  We can become
misguided in this effort by garnering attention and then making our
authority felt.  Jesus tells us in today's Gospel that if we wish to be
first, we must become the slave. The Son of Man did not come to be served by
to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.

I pray that I may find my greatness in my humble service to others.  I pray
that I may not come to be served, but to serve.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Cathy requests prayers for her son, who wants desperately to overcome
alcoholism. Judi asks prayers for a special intention. Connie asks prayers
for prayers of thanksgiving for the recovery of Fr. Pat and for hearing and
answering all our prayers.

Tina requests prayers for special intentions. Leslie asks prayers for a
special intention. Danielle asks prayers for a special intention.

Mitzi asks prayers for special intentions. Mindy requests prayers for a
friend's newborn baby that is in NICU. Sharon asks for prayers for her son
who is experiencing emotional and legal problems while serving in Iraq. Mary
requests prayers for her husband who is taking a certification exam for his
employment on Thursday.

Ron asks for prayers for a safe relocation to Mexico. Lynn asks prayers for
a very urgent need in her and her families life at this time. A grandfather
asks prayers for 2 grandchildren in bad health.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Wisconsin State Council Knights of Columbus,
La Crosse Diocesan Chaplain
Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site