<MP>Wednesday, 11 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:36:32 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

This Holy Week you'll hear many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.

And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but
later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been
trained by it. Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak
knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not
be put out of joint, but rather be healed."  ~Hebrews 12:11-13

I can learn to accept self-discipline.  I can try not to yield one point
that I have already won.  I need not let myself go in resentments, hates,
fears, pride, lust or gossip.  Even if my self-discipline keeps me separated
from some people who are without discipline, nevertheless I can carry on.  I
may have different ways and a different standard of living than some others.
I may be actuated by different motives than some people.  But I can try to
live the way I believe God wants me to live, no matter what others say.

I pray that I may be an example to others of a better way of living.  I pray
that I may carry on in spite of hindrances and setbacks.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site