<MP>Wednesday, 10 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:05:39 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

M A Y / M O T H E R ' S    D A Y /  M A R Y ' S    M O N T H

Visit my Web Site for our Mother's Day page.  It includes some great links,
stories and pass-alongs.  Many of us who have lost moms find this a hard
time of the year.  Visit our Grief Support page as well. You'll find the
blessing we use in Church here at Saint Pat's as well. I hope you enjoy it.

This is also Mary's Month.  Learn more about what we believe about Mary as
Catholics.  It's a great refresher for Catholics and it can be a great
awakening for those who are a bit suspicious about what we think of Mary.
Just click the link from:

       www.frpat.com

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Twenty-one are currently signed up.

It's shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we're traveling. For complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
No "Phishing!"

It's another scam, called Phishing.  All these folks need is a bite or two
and they can become very wealthy, at the expense of you, the "Phish!"   They
ask you to log on to their Web Site to "confirm" your account and give bank
information, Social Security numbers, passwords, etc.  If you click on the
link they send, which you SHOULDN'T do, you'll see that you're at a
different Site altogether.  Financial institutions don't use e-mail to get
information from you.  If you're in doubt, call them, or log into your
account they way you normally do.  Don't click on that link sent by the
Phishers!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Calmness is constructive of good.  Agitation is destructive of good. I need
not rush into action.  I can first "be still and know that God is God." Then
I can act only as God directs me through my conscience. Only trust, perfect
trust in God can keep me calm when all around me are agitated. Calmness is
trust in action.  I can seek all things which can help me to cultivate
calmness.  To attain material things, the world learns to attain speed.  To
attain spiritual things, I can learn to attain a state of calm.

I pray that I may learn how to have inner peace.  I pray that I may be calm,
so that God can work through me.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.