<MP>Wednesday, 10 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:27:07 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

St. Scholastica (480-542?)
Twins often share the same interests and ideas with an equal intensity.
Therefore, it is no surprise that Scholastica and her twin brother,
Benedict, established religious communities within a few miles from each
other. Born in 480 of wealthy parents, Scholastica and Benedict were
brought up together until he left central Italy for Rome to continue his
studies. Little is known of Scholastica?s early life. She founded a
religious community for women near Monte Cassino at Plombariola, five
miles from where her brother governed a monastery.

The mouth of the just murmurs wisdom. ~Psalm 37

Jesus summoned the crowd again and said to them, ?Hear me, all of you, and
understand. Nothing that enters one from outside can defile that person;
but the things that come out from within are what defile.? ~Mark 7:14-23

All that is in us seeks expression. We can empty ourselves of all that is
unworthy in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  We can ask God to fill us
with all that is good and light and pure.

I pray that I ay rid myself of all that is impure and unworthy. I pray
that I may allow God to fill me with all that is good that I can become an
instrument of His peace and love.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.