<MP>Wednesday, 10 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:09:53 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com Visit my Blog too, for daily updates: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Blessed Adolph Kolping (1813-1865)
The rise of the factory system in 19th-century Germany brought many single
men into cities where they faced new challenges to their faith. Father
Adolph Kolping began a ministry to them, hoping that they would not be lost
to the Catholic faith as was happening to workers elsewhere in
industrialized Europe.  For more, follow the link below:

The LORD is the eternal God, creator of the ends of the earth. He does not
faint nor grow weary, and his knowledge is beyond scrutiny. He gives
strength to the fainting; for the weak he makes vigor abound. ~Isaiah
40:25-31

Jesus said to the crowds: "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am
meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke
is easy, and my burden light." ~Matthew 11:28-30

God continues to call us to Himself. He shoulders our burdens with us.  He
also " ... gives strength to the fainting; for the weak he makes vigor
abound."  As we prepare for the coming of Jesus at Christmas and at the end
of time, we come to the Lord with all our burdens, knowing his care and his
sure offer of strength and hope.

I pray that I may never forget the strength the Lord offers me.  I pray that
I may come to the Lord with all my burdens and know that He will give me
rest.