<MP>Wednesday, 09 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 19:04:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Augustine Zhao Rong and Companions (17th-20th centuries)
Christianity arrived in China by way of Syria in the 600s. Depending on
China's relations with the outside world, Christianity over the centuries
was free to grow or was forced to operate secretly.
The 120 martyrs in this group died between 1648 and 1930. Most of them (87)
were born in China and were children, parents, catechists or laborers,
ranging from nine years of age to 72. This group includes four Chinese
diocesan priests.  For more, follow the link below:

"Sow for yourselves justice, reap the fruit of piety; break up for
yourselves a new field, for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and
rain down justice upon you." ~Hosea 10:1-3, 7-8, 12

Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus, "Do not go into
pagan territory or enter a Samaritan town. Go rather to the lost sheep of
the house of Israel. As you go, make this proclamation: 'The Kingdom of
heaven is at hand.'"   ~Matthew 10:1-7

We are called to work for the justice that leads to lasting peace.  Jesus
sends out the Twelve to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.  They are
asked to proclaim: "The Kingdom of heaven is at hand." They came from all
walks of life, but the Lord saw the goodness and courage that was there.
They proclaimed the Kingdom with every pore of their being, and gave their
lives for it as well.

I pray that I may be a person who lives a just life and who works for peace.
I pray that I may proclaim the Kingdom through my example as well, and be
willing to give my life to help it be realized.