<MP>Wednesday, 09 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:36:59 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S U R G E R Y    D A T E
My right eye will be removed at Mayo in Rochester on Monday, 21 April.
There will be six weeks of healing before a prosthetic eye will be
installed, and that should be it!   Thanks to the many of you who sent notes
promising prayers. Your prayers are precious to me. I know the my problem
pales in comparison to many you face daily. Be assured of my continued
prayerful concern and support as well!

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Julie Billiart (1751-1816)
Born in Cuvilly, France, into a family of well-to-do farmers, young Marie
Rose Julia Billiart showed an early interest in religion and in helping the
sick and poor. Though the first years of her life were relatively peaceful
and uncomplicated, Julie had to take up manual work as a young teen when her
family lost its money. However, she spent her spare time teaching catechism
to young people and to the farm laborers.

Thus Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed the Christ to
them. With one accord, the crowds paid attention to what was said by Philip
when they heard it and saw the signs he was doing. ~ Acts 8:1b-8

And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything
of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. ~ John
6:35-40

After Stephen's stoning, Saul continued to lead raids and round up
Christians and have them imprisoned. But crowds continued to follow Jesus'
disciples as they saw the transformation within them and the signs they
performed. Jesus truly had risen.  As we are reminded in today's Gospel it
is God's will that he should not lose anything of what was given him, but
that believers should receive eternal life on the last day.

I pray that I may appreciate God's work through others, but also His
potential of working through Me. I pray that I may be a believer and receive
God's promise of eternal life!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lynn asks prayers for her mom, nephew and aunt who are all going through
tests and or treatment for cancer. Marg from Canada asks that Father Pat
will be free from pain, and recover from his eye surgery. Neil requests
prayers that his daughter will return to an active practice of the Catholic
faith.

Mary Ann asks for prayers for a nephew 16, and his parents who are in
counseling to deal with his anger and physical medical issues. Bee asks
prayers for successful eye surgery for Father Pat. In thanksgiving for Fr.
Pat's sharing his love of God and trust in Our Savior through his eye
surgery.  Fr. Pat's faith is a lantern to all who receive his Morning
Prayer.

Tina asks prayers for Father Pat and his health and for special intentions
for herself and her family. Member asks prayers for daughter who has some
health issues and who has a bruise/bump on her head from hitting head on
bleachers while walking underneath them. Loretta asks prayers for her
brother-in-law who is suffering from kidney and liver failure that he
receive spiritual healing and experience a peaceful death.

Gail D. asks prayers for Fr. Pat as he goes through his eye surgery and for
a easy recovery. Tom asks prayers for a pregnant friend and baby that the
baby is growing well and will be healthy. Debbie asks prayers that Father
Pat's surgery  will be a success and will bring comfort.  Thanks Fr. Pat for
being there for all of us.  You are always in our prayers.

Chris asks prayers for an urgent special intention. A member in a desperate
financial situation asks our prayers. Kathy asks prayers for a family who
lost ten members in a house fire a few days ago. Mother asks for strength
for her daughter who is struggling  with complaining parishioners/parents to
keep their small catholic school operating. Julia asks prayers for someone
who was in an auto accident this week and seriously injured

Therese asks for prayers for a home for her family who may be losing their
home. A members asks for prayers of thanksgiving for the doctors at the Mayo
Clinics who are treating Fr. Pat and herself for eye problems. Mary Anne
asks prayers for our military, especially those in harm's way.

Sylvia asks prayers for a special intention. Suzanne asks prayers for Father
Pat who is a blessing to us all. Diana, a member asks for prayers for a
successful job offer. Kevin asks prayers for his sweet little girl that the
scope on Thursday will not find anything.