<MP>Wednesday, 08 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:00:28 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS AND NOW HAVE 38.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in
heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my
burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:29-30

All of life is a fluctuation between effort and rest.  We need both every
day.  But effort is not truly effective until first we have had the proper
preparation for it, by resting in a time of quiet meditation. This daily
time of rest and meditation gives us the power necessary to make our best
effort.  There are days when we are called on for much effort and then comes
a time when we need much rest.  It is not good to rest too long and it is
not good to carry on great effort too long without rest.  The successful
life is a proper balance between the two.

I pray that I may be ready to make the proper effort.  I pray that I may
also recognized the need for relaxation.

Dolly asks prayer for a friend to have a successful colon surgery and to
have a favorable biopsy result. Jeanne requests prayers that her two month
long lung illness is finally cured. Bill asks for prayers for a cure for his
prostate cancer and all cancer.

Rebecca requests prayers of thanksgiving for all who made her beautiful
wedding possible on 8/3. Luvina requests urgent prayers for her daughter who
will meet with her surgeon on Wednesday. Ana requests prayers for her father
who has just died from cancer.

Patricia asks prayers for financial blessing on our family to meet all
financial obligations. Patricia asks you to join in prayers of thanksgiving
for safe delivery for daughter & her new baby girl. Mike, a member, asks
prayers for a good prognosis for his father who gets his lung scan results
back on Wednesday.

A member requests prayers that God will lift her financial burden. A member
requests prayers that her friend heal quickly and be able to eat and drink
by mouth. Neil asks prayers for daughter's  return to an active practice of
the R/C faith and that she find a good job.

Debbie asks prayers for her parish priest who was transferred to a new
parish that they welcome him with open arms. Barbara requests prayers for
herself and her family dealing with health issues and job security. Tina
requests prayer for her son who has a rash on his body, that the cause be
found as well as relief.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.