<MP>Wednesday, 07 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:28:45 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Our Lady of the Rosary
Pope St. Pius V established this feast in 1573. The purpose was to thank God
for the victory of Christians over the Turks at Lepanto-a victory attributed
to the praying of the rosary. Clement XI extended the feast to the universal
Church in 1716. The development of the rosary has a long history. First, a
practice developed of praying 150 Our Fathers in imitation of the 150
Psalms. Then there was a parallel practice of praying 150 Hail Marys. Soon a
mystery of Jesus' life was attached to each Hail Mary. Though Mary's giving
the rosary to St. Dominic is recognized as a legend, the development of this
prayer form owes much to the followers of St. Dominic. One of them, Alan de
la Roche, was known as "the apostle of the rosary." He founded the first
Confraternity of the Rosary in the 15th century. In the 16th century the
rosary was developed to its present form-with the 15 mysteries (joyful,
sorrowful and glorious). In 2002, Pope John Paul II added the Mysteries of
Light to this devotion.  For more, follow the link below:

Father, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come. Give us each day our daily
bread and forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to
us, and do not subject us to the final test." ~Luke 11:1-4

"Lord, teach us to pray."  And He did!  And the Lord's prayer comes to us
today as a great model of what our stance before God should be.  WE praise
His name and invite the fullness of His Kingdom to come.  We ask for what we
need each day, and ask forgiveness to the extent that we're willing to
forgive those who have harmed us. And we thrive as we pray this prayer
earnestly and try to incorporate its truths into our daily lives.

I pray that I may follow the Lord's model of prayer.  I pray that I may
incorporate its truths into my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Domenic asks prayers for a special intention. Carol asks prayers for a
friend who is working very hard to heal his heart in need of repair. Maggie
requests prayers for her marriage to be healed and for all those standing
for the restoration of their marriages.

Linda asks for prayers for her mother in law who is dying, that she will
finally accept our Lord and Savior. Lucille asks prayers for a special
intention. Susan requests prayers for a young mother who is in a coma after
seizures, that she will have a full recovery. Joyce asks for prayers of
healing for her daughter, especially on Thursday, that the chemo is
effective and the Doctor has wisdom.