<MP>Wednesday, 07 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:48:22 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
Thirty-Four are now signed up
Remember, the early sign-up deadline is 24 June.  The price rises $100 after
that date. To go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit
to Pentecost Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

P O D C A S T    /  G O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it at your computer or download to your MP3 player. Or, subscribe
to the free RSS Feed and download them automatically. Just follow the
"Godcast" link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually." ~Psalm
105:4

Not only can we live a new life, but we can also grow in grace and power and
beauty.  We can reach ever forward and upward after the things of the
spirit.  In the animal world, the very form of an animal changes to enable
it to reach that upon which it delights to feed. our whole character changes
as we reach upward for the things of the spirit--for beauty, for love, for
honesty, for purity, and for unselfishness. Reaching after these things of
the spirit, our whole nature can become changed so that we can best receive
and delight in the wonders of the abundant life.

I pray that I may reach forward and upward.  I pray that my character may be
changed by this reaching upward for the things of the spirit.

Frieda asks prayers for her sister whose alcoholic sons are making her life
unmanageable. Mary requests prayer of thanks for someone's continuing
miraculous improvement in health. Joseph asks prayers of thanksgiving on
receiving his residency status.

We pray for a young grandson with very early onset mental illness that
doctors are able to find a medication that will help him. Nancy from PA
requests prayers for her son and fiancé as they are married on Saturday that
God will bring many blessings in their lives and their faith and love for
one another may sustain them in whatever they may face in the future.