<MP>Wednesday, 07 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:21:44 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   ~~~ EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY ~~~
            PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

This is a great full-featured Pilgrimage!  4 Star and 4 Star plus hotels,
full breakfast and dinner DAILY with TWO special nights with dinner and
Irish music (Bunratty Castle and the Abbey Pub in Dublin), TWO nights on the
Dingle Peninsula (National Geographic has called it the most beautiful spot
on earth, I absolutely *love* this place.), Bunratty Folk Park, St.
Patrick's Mountain, Knock, the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle and woolen
mills, the Burren, Blessed Matt Talbot's Church and Burial Site, the Gresham
Hotel in Dublin, right on O'Connell street.  Full-time Escort, guides,
luggage transfers from hotel to hotel and so much more.  Daily Mass and
rosary on the bus. The dollar is enjoying a great exchange rate with the
Euro at this time. Great companionship for couples or singles, traveling
with fun people who enjoy your Catholic faith and values ... great food and
inspiration to last a lifetime!

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

Blessed Emmanuel Ruiz and Companions (1804-1860)
Not much is known of the early life of Emmanuel Ruiz, but details of his
heroic death in defense of the faith have come down to us. Born of humble
parents in Santander, Spain, he became a Franciscan priest and served as a
missionary in Damascus. This was at a time when anti-Christian riots shook
Syria and thousands lost their lives in just a short time.
Among these were Emmanuel, superior of the Franciscan convent, seven other
friars and three laymen. When a menacing crowd came looking for the men,
they refused to renounce their faith and become Muslims. The men were
subjected to horrible tortures before their martyrdom.

"Sow for yourselves justice, reap the fruit of piety; break up for
yourselves a new field, for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and
rain down justice upon you." ~Hosea 10:1-3, 7-8, 12

Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus, "Do not go into
pagan territory or enter a Samaritan town. Go rather to the lost sheep of
the house of Israel. As you go, make this proclamation: 'The Kingdom of
heaven is at hand.'" ~Matthew 10:1-7

Proclaim, "The Kingdom of heaven is at hand." Hosea calls us to sow for
ourselves justice, that we may reap the fruit of piety. We are called indeed
to seek the Lord, "till he come and rain down justice" upon us!

I pray that I may sow justice and reap the fruit of piety.  I pray that I
may live God's love and proclaim with my life, "The Kingdom of heaven is at
hand!"

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Member asks for prayers for grandson who has drinking and social problems
and for all the lives and livelihoods affected by the oil spill in the Gulf
of Mexico. Gen asks for prayers for her daughter who is having emotional
problems. Please pray for those who are near death and their families, for
those who have no-one to pray for them and those who need our prayers the
most.