<MP>Wednesday, 07 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:28:53 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

I T ' S    D A Y    F O U R
It's day four after the Transplant.  Visit the Blog if you'd like to hear
more.  Blood levels were down a bit today, which they expected.  They also
gave me a liter of IV fluids.  It was great to have Mass at the Transplant
House again tonight.  Read much more at my blog, updated every day at:
www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

St. Raymond of Penyafort (1175-1275)
Since Raymond lived into his hundredth year, he had a chance to do many
things. As a member of the Spanish nobility, he had the resources and the
education to get a good start in life.
By the time he was 20, he was teaching philosophy. In his early 30s he
earned a doctorate in both canon and civil law. At 41 he became a Dominican.
Pope Gregory IX called him to Rome to work for him and to be his confessor.
One of the things the pope asked him to do was to gather together all the
decrees of popes and councils that had been made in 80 years since a similar
collection by Gratian. Raymond compiled five books called the Decretals.
They were looked upon as one of the best organized collections of Church law
until the 1917 codification of canon law.  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has
to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love.   ~1
John 4:11-18

But at once he spoke with them, "Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid!"
He got into the boat with  them and the wind died down. ~Matthew 6:45-52

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

The thing that holds us back more often than about anything is fear.  We can
fear danger, rejection, self-revelation, illness, death and a variety of
things.  If we live lives governed by fear though, we don't live God's life
of love. "There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because
fear has to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in
love.  Jesus disciples too, needed to trust in Him, knowing that He could
and would calm the storm.  We can trust too, that he will calm the storms in
our lives.

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may live a life of love, not fear.  I pray that I may trust in
God's providence, and that He will calm the storms in my life.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful for
John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he shares
with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the willingness
to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being called to
Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10