<MP>Wednesday, 06 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:18:45 -0500

G O I N G    T O    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

.=: S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

"And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and
Jesus Christ whom you have sent." ~John 17:3

.=: M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

"And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and
Jesus Christ whom you have sent." Learning to know God as best we can helps
us experience eternal life. Freed from some of the limitations of humanity,
we can grow in things that are eternal. We can strive for what is real and
of eternal value. The more we try to live in the consciousness of the unseen
world, the gentler will be our passing into it when the time comes for us to
go. This life on earth can be largely a preparation for the eternal life to
come.

.=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

I pray that I may live each day as though it were my last. I pray that I may
live my life as though it were everlasting.

Tara asks prayers for herself and her husband as they try to decide whether
to have genetic counseling done before conceiving a child due to defects in
the husband's family or to just put it in God's hands. Jo Ann asks prayers
for her daughter who will be taking a major teachers exam on Saturday,
September 9th that she passes the exam. A member asks all members to pray
for a healthy eye check-up for Fr. Pat in Boston.

Dawn requests prayers for her mother who is in the hospital and doctors
can't find the cause for her pain, and my brother who was injured in a car
accident this morning. Gammie prays that her grand daughter finds a good man
to love. Richard asks prayers that someone receives the inner purity of
Christ and keeps the Commandments from this day forward.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her friend who has breast cancer and is
having a biopsy today (Tuesday)) to find out if the spot they found on her
spine is also cancerous. Connie asks prayers for her husband who is
returning from India that he have a safe journey and come home happy and
successful. Bill  asks for prayer of thanksgiving for his sister and nephew
both of whom are doing better.

Sarah requests prayers for her Grandmother who is in the hospital having
tests. A member asks prayers for the wellbeing of her children. Marie
requests prayers for her 34-year old niece who suffers from MS and has now
been diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer.