<MP>Wednesday, 06 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:37:25 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  First drawing is on 18 January, so
there's still time to get some calendars! If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed André Bessette (1845-1937)
Brother André expressed a saint?s faith by a lifelong devotion to St.
Joseph. Sickness and weakness dogged André from birth. He was the eighth
of 12 children born to a French Canadian couple near Montreal. Adopted at
12, when both parents had died, he became a farmhand. Various trades
followed: shoemaker, baker, blacksmith?all failures. He was a factory
worker in the United States during the boom times of the Civil War. At 25,
he applied for entrance into the Congregation of the Holy Cross. After a
year?s novitiate, he was not admitted because of his weak health. But with
an extension and the urging of Bishop Bourget (see Marie-Rose Durocher,
October 6), he was finally received. He was given the humble job of
doorkeeper at Notre Dame College in Montreal, with additional duties as
sacristan, laundry worker and messenger. ?When I joined this community,
the superiors showed me the door, and I remained 40 years.?   For more,
follow this link:

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also must love one another. No one has
ever seen God. Yet, if we love one another, God remains in us, and his
love is brought to perfection in us. ~1 John 4:11-18

About the fourth watch of the night, he came toward them walking on the sea.
He meant to pass by them. But when they saw him walking on the sea, they
thought it was a ghost and cried out. They had all seen him and were
terrified. But at once he spoke with them, ?Take courage, it is I, do not
be afraid!? He got into the boat with them and the wind died down. They
were completely astounded. ~Mark 6:47-52

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

Jesus calls us to love one another. He calms the storms in our lives as
well.  We strive to walk in His footsteps. He is constantly faithful to us
and takes a way our fear.  When we rely on the Lord we too can be
completely astounded.

I pray that I may follow in Jesus' footsteps and love those around me.  I
pray that I can trust in Jesus' presence and know that he will keep me
safe and calm the storms in my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!