<MP>Wednesday, 06 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:27:56 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

S A I N T   N I C H O L A S   - - -   0 6   D E C E M B E R

HINT: Many children receive some small gifts on Saint Nicholas Day.  Then
they tell their friends about it.  A good way to avoid embarrassment is to
give them something from Saint Nicholas.

This is Saint Nicholas Day!  When December 6th comes around, many of us
remember receiving small gifts from Saint Nicholas in our shoes.
It's close to Christmas too, so we can sometimes be tempted to think of
Santa Claus at this time.  It's interesting to look a little more closely at
one of the favorite Saints of all time and the story behind his generosity
and gift-giving.  Our Saint Nicholas Page is just one of our Advent
features. Learn more about the boy who became Santa!
Follow the December link from:

   www.frpat.com/

There are also special pages for Saint Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe!

"Blessed is anyone who endures temptation. Such a one has stood the test and
will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love
him."  ~James 1:12

None of us entirely escape temptation.  We can expect it and be ready for it
when it comes.  None of us are entirely safe.  We can try to keep our
defenses up by daily thought and prayer.  That is why we spend time in
prayer each day.  We can become able to recognize temptation when it comes.
The first step toward conquering temptation always is to see it clearly as
temptation and not to harbor it in our minds.  We can dissociate ourselves
from it, put it out of our mind as soon as it appears.  We need not think of
excuses for yielding to it. We can turn at once to God for help.

I pray that I may be prepared for whatever temptation may come to me. I pray
that I may see it clearly and conquer it with the help of God.

A mother requests prayers for her son who is weak and has no self esteem in
his job search. Jan asks prayers for the safety of her great nephew who is
in Iraq for his second tour of duty. Member asks for prayers for friend who
is have a lump removed from her breast on Thursday. A mother asks prayers
for her daughter who is 8 months pregnant and is in the hospital with a
large amount of blood loss.

Richard asks prayers for his wife who is having a rough time and is feeling
unloved that she has joy and happiness and knows that he loves her and that
Jesus loves her even more. Mary requests prayers for a cousin who is
pregnant with triplets and will have to deliver them 2 months early that it
will be a safe delivery and all will be healthy. Pat asks prayers that his
son will receive positive news on the job for which he has been interviewing
and testing.

.=:  A    D A I L Y    B L E S I N G  :=.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm