<MP>Wednesday, 05 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:59:41 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

O F F    T O    B O S T O N

Father Pat will be in Boston for medical tests from September 7th-11th.
Morning Prayer will not contain prayer intentions during that time, since it
has already been prepared.  Our Pastoral Minister Margie will Morning Prayer
during that time.

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your progress
and joy in faith, so that I may share abundantly in your boasting in Christ
Jesus when I come to you again.  Only, live your life in a manner worthy of
the gospel of Christ, so that, whether I come and see you or am absent and
hear about you, I will know that you are standing firm in one spirit,
striving side by side with one mind for the faith of the gospel, and are in
no way intimidated by your opponents. For them this is evidence of their
destruction, but of your salvation." ~Philippians 1:25-28

Spiritual progress is the law of our being.  We can try to see around us
more and more of beauty and truth, knowledge and power.  Today we can try to
be stronger, braver, more loving as a result of what we did yesterday.  This
law of spiritual progress gives meaning and purpose to our lives.  We can
always expect better things ahead.  We can accomplish much good through the
strength of God's spirit in us.  We need not be discouraged.  The world is
sure to get better, in spite of setbacks of war, hate, and greed.  We can be
part of the cure of the world's ills, rather than part of the disease.

I pray that I may keep progressing the better life.  I pray that I may be a
part of the forces for good in the world.

A member asks prayers for a special intention. Amy asks prayers for a
special intention for a dear friend, whose Grand-Daughter  who is 15 yrs.
old, she just found out she  has a tumor on her Ovary and will need surgery
right away, may God be with her and her family during this time. Jim asks
prayers for his beloved dog that died suddenly, and for employment.

Roberta asks prayers that the people of her parish may welcome their new
priest warmly. A member asks prayers of healing for her husband who is
suffering from a calf injury. Jessica asks prayers for a special intention.

Mary Ann asks for prayers for a 8 yr old boy who has Tourette Syndrome and
is on a new medication to control his movements and vocal sounds, that it is
successful so he can continue to attend his school. Charla requests prayer
for friend's sister-in-law who is awaiting results on mass on her spleen.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her best friend's son and his wife who
have distanced themselves from his family following repeated miscarriages
that they may come to know the great value of family and become closer to
his parents, sisters and their families. A member requests prayers for a
young boy in the hospital fighting Eastern Equine Encephalitis.

Lora asks for prayers for a friend's son who was injured in a car accident
and is still in critical care & paralyzed from waist down. Mary prays that
God relieves her mother from the pain she suffers because of myeloma.
Pauline and her family ask prayers after her husband filed for divorce.
Bettye requests prayers for her 18 year old grandson, who is having three
wisdom teeth removed on Thursday, and for his other health problems.