<MP>Wednesday, 05 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:16:30 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    T O    I T A L Y
We'll remember you intentions in our prayers!

Fill out the on-line form and we'll remember your prayer intentions during
our Masses and in our daily prayers during our 10-22 November Pilgrimage to
Southern Italy, Rome and the Vatican.  Just follow the banner link from:

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Venerable Solanus Casey (1870-1957)
Barney Casey became one of Detroit's best-known priests even though he was
not allowed to preach formally or to hear confessions! Barney came from a
large family in Oak Grove, Wisconsin. At the age of 21, and after he had
worked as a logger, a hospital orderly, a streetcar operator and a prison
guard, he entered St. Francis Seminary in Milwaukee-where he found the
studies difficult. He left there and, in 1896, joined the Capuchins in
Detroit, taking the name Solanus. His studies for the priesthood were again
arduous.  For more, follow the link below:

Do everything without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless
and innocent, children of God without blemish
in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine like
lights in the world, as you hold on to the word of life, so that my boast
for the day of Christ may be that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.
~Philippians 12:12-18

In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions
cannot be my disciple."  ~Luke 14:25-33

Grumbling and complaining are not particularly attractive attributes.  Paul
tells the Philippians, Do everything without grumbling or questioning, that
you may be blameless and innocent."  He knew they would stand apart from
others and shine like lights in the world. It is not our possessions that
make us attractive and happy.  We can follow God's call willingly and
benefit from the happiness and serenity that result.

I pray that I may not grumble or complain, but follow God's call willingly.
I pray that I may not rely on the things of the world, but the eternal
things that come from God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dolly asks prayers for her niece to heal her carpal tunnel so she can go
back to work and good health for my family and friends. Linda asks prayers
for her parents who are up in age and have health problems. Joyce  asks  for
prayers for her daughter who will have a very important blood test that it
is normal and cancer  free and that her chemo session will be safe and
affective.

Joyce  asks  for prayers for her daughter who will have a very important
blood test that it is normal and cancer  free and that her chemo session
will be safe and affective. Irene asks prayers for her grandmother who is
non-compliant with her medications.