<MP>Wednesday, 05 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 18:35:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Hilary of Arles (400-449)
It's been said that youth is wasted on the young. In some ways, that was
true for today's saint. Born in France in the early fifth century, Hilary
came from an aristocratic family. In the course of his education he
encountered his relative, Honoratus, who encouraged the young man to join
him in the monastic life. Hilary did so. He continued to follow in the
footsteps of Honoratus as bishop. Hilary was only 29 when he was chosen
bishop of Arles. The new, youthful bishop undertook the role with
confidence. He did manual labor to earn money for the poor. He sold sacred
vessels to ransom captives. He became a magnificent orator. He traveled
everywhere on foot, always wearing simple clothing.

But some from the party of the Pharisees who had become believers stood up
and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them
and direct them to observe the Mosaic law." The Apostles and the presbyters
met together to see about this matter. ~Acts 15:1-6

Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me
you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me will be thrown out like
a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and
they will be burned. ~John 15:1-8

We need to stay attached to Jesus and to one another.  He is the vine, we
are the branches.  As good parts of the vine we strive to grow and help it
thrive. We're told that if we don't, we'll be thrown out like a branch and
wither.

I pray that I may live as part of the vine that is the body of Christ.  I
pray that I may do my part to help the vine grow and thrive.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Prayers for a friend who is in a lot of pain. A daughter in law requests
prayers for her father in law who is grieving the loss of his wonderful wife
of 68 years. Pam requests prayers for her husband who wrongfully lost his
job, that his job is restored to him and that the hearts and minds of people
who can change this are open to the truth.

Mary asks prayers for her friend who is having hydrocele surgery next
Tuesday, that it is successful and relatively painless. Marie requests
prayers for a friend who is dealing with difficult health and financial
decisions for her family, and that she seeks the Lord's help to make the
right decisions. A member from Maine asks prayers for the husbands of our
women's group, that they have good health.

Patrick asks prayers as he prepares for a second interview with a company he
wants to work for. Jerry asks for prayers for his mother who is very sick.
Maria asks for prayers for her Mom who is sick with a respiratory infection
which may delay her chemo treatment tomorrow.