<MP>Wednesday, 04 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:43:46 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I ' M    B A C K
I'm back at home after staying a couple weeks at a rehab center.  When I
arrived there I was able to take a few steps with a walker or behind a wheel
chair. After some time at rehab I could stand for 2 minutes 38 seconds.
When I left I could walk unassisted for six minutes.  I think I can manage
about 15 minutes now. It's great to be back again.  Thanks for your many
prayers on my behalf.  I appreciate them very much.  When I went into
surgery the doctor said there was less than a 50% chance I'd make it
through.  Afterward he said it was a miracle.  What a proof ... that prayer
is the most powerful force on Earth.  Thanks again!

St. Casimir (1458-1483)
Casimir, born of kings and in line (third among 13 children) to be a king
himself, was filled with exceptional values and learning by a great teacher,
John Dlugosz. Even his critics could not say that his conscientious
objection indicated softness. Even as a teenager, Casimir lived a highly
disciplined, even severe life, sleeping on the ground, spending a great part
of the night in prayer and dedicating himself to lifelong celibacy.  For
more, follow the link below:

Who knows, God may relent and forgive, and withhold his blazing wrath, so
that we shall not perish." When God saw by their actions how they turned
from their evil way, he repented of the evil that he had threatened to do to
them; he did not carry it out. ~Jonah 3:1-10

At the judgment the men of Nineveh will arise with this generation and
condemn it, because at the preaching of Jonah they repented, and there is
something greater than Jonah here."  ~Luke 11:29-32

Repent. During this Holy Season we are called to REPENT ... to turn away
from our sins and back to God.  We are called to build peace.  A woman once
said, "Father, I like the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  It's a lot easier to
tell you and God that I'm sorry than to tell my husband."  That's not the
way it works. We need to clean off our side of the street. Repentance means
making peace, too ... with those we have hurt.  May God bless us this Season
with the courage to do just that!

I pray that I may repent this Holy Season.  I pray that I may build peace by
admitting my wrongdoing and expressing my regrets to those I have hurt.