<MP>Wednesday, 04 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:07:46 -0500

H O L Y    W E E K    2 0 0 7

You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an Examination of Conscience and
even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Be sure to visit our ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE
CROSS.  I've written them for children and adults alike.  They've been newly
illustrated this year by the 4th Graders at our own Saint Patrick's School
and are available in English and Spanish as well.  See a description of each
of the days of Holy Week, along with some great photos! Just follow the link
from:

   www.frpat.com

D I V I N E    M E R C Y    N O V E N A

It starts an Good Friday.  For the novena and a pledge form, visit my Web
Site and click the Divine Mercy link!

       www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

This Holy Week you'll hear many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.
And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"Jesus straightened up and said to the woman caught in adultery, 'Woman,
where are they? Has no one condemned you?'  She said, 'No one, sir.' And
Jesus said, 'Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not
sin again.'"  ~John 8:10-11

=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

We cannot be very helpful unless we understand the person we are trying to
help.  To understand the problems and temptations of others, it is helpful
if we have been through them ourselves.  We can try hard to understand
others.  We can study their backgrounds, their likes and dislikes, their
reactions and their prejudices.  When we see their weaknesses, we need not
confront the person with them.  We can share our own weaknesses, sins and
temptations and let other people find their own convictions.  Then we can
find our way to reconciliation and peace together.

=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may serve as a channel for God's power to come into the lives
of others.  I pray that I may be blessed with the gift of understanding
those around me, particularly their weaknesses.

Luvina asks prayers for her daughter who is having social problems and seems
depressed. Pat asks for prayers that the Lord will bless our family finances
and bring us out of debt, also for all souls in purgatory. Margaret asks
prayers for a special intention. Amanda requests prayers for her son, that
he will be able to turn to God and ask for guidance with his career and
future with his fiancé.