<MP>Wednesday 04 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:19:55 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Charles Lwanga and Companions (d. 1886)
One of 22 Ugandan martyrs, Charles Lwanga is the patron of youth and
Catholic action in most of tropical Africa. He protected his fellow pages
(aged 13 to 30) from the homosexual demands of the Bagandan ruler, Mwanga,
and encouraged and instructed them in the Catholic faith during their
imprisonment for refusing the ruler's demands.  For more, follow the link
below:

For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you
have through the imposition of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of
cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control. ~2 Tm 1:1-3, 6-12

Some Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus and put this
question to him, saying, "Teacher, Moses wrote for us, If someone's brother
dies, leaving a wife but no child, his brother must take the wife and raise
up descendants for his brother. ~Mark 12:18-27

We can be thankful to God for the gift of God we have received though the
imposition of hands. We need not be ruled by fear or cowardice.  We can
embrace the spirit of power and love and self control.

I pray that I may come to know more deeply God's power in my life.  I pray
that I may remember God's awesome strength when I feel afraid.  I pray that
I may embrace the spirit of power and love and self-control.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Fr. Pat asks prayers of thanksgiving for good results to medical tests. We
pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life. We