<MP>Wednesday, 03 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 19:07:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

It's Back-to-School time.  The yellow buses will be coming soon!  Visit my
Web Site for my Back-to-School page.  It includes great links, a blessing
that may be done in Church and another you can use as a family before your
kids leave for School on the first day, and every day if you'd like!  Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Gregory the Great (540?-604)
Coming events cast their shadows before: Gregory was the prefect of Rome
before he was 30. After five years in office he resigned, founded six
monasteries on his Sicilian estate and became a Benedictine monk in his own
home at Rome.
Ordained a priest, he became one of the pope's seven deacons, and also
served six years in the East as papal nuncio in Constantinople. He was
recalled to become abbot, and at the age of 50 was elected pope by the
clergy and people of Rome.  For more, follow the link below:

I fed you milk, not solid food, because you were unable to take it. Indeed,
you are still not able, even now, for you are still of the flesh. While
there is jealousy and rivalry among you, are you not of the flesh, and
walking according to the manner of man? Whenever someone says, "I belong to
Paul," and another, "I belong to Apollos," are you not merely men? ~1
Corinthians 3:1-9

He laid his hands on each of them and cured them. And demons also came out
from many, shouting, "You are the Son of God."
But he rebuked them and did not allow them to speak because they knew that
he was the Christ. ~Luke 4:38-44

How difficult it is for us to be people of the Spirit.  We are involved with
so many people and in so many situations.  As Paul says, "While there is
jealousy and rivalry among you, are you not of the flesh?, and walking
according to the manner of man?" We are called to be people of the Spirit.
We are called to work for the things that last forever, forgiving,
respecting and loving others as God has first loved us.  May we live as
people of the Spirit!

I pray that I may look beyond jealousy and rivalry to the life of the Spirit
God wants me to lead.  I pray that I may live with respect, kindness and
love, and work for the things that last forever.