<MP>Wednesday, 03 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:10:04 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

Last Chance for HOLY LAND 2007
ONLY TWO SEATS REMAIN!
If you're interested, call Pentecost Tours now:
   800 713-9800

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Wednesday of the Twenty-Sixth Week in Ordinary Time, Year C.

"The king granted my requests, for the favoring hand of my God was upon me."
~Nehemiah 2:1-8

"Let my tongue be silenced if I ever forget you!"  ~Psalm 137

"No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit
for the Kingdom of God."  ~Luke 9:57-62

Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos (1819-1867)
Not yet a Saint, Francis Xavier Seelos, Born in Bavaria came to the United
States and worked in Philadelphia, Maryland, the Midwest and Middle Atlantic
States.  He went to Washington DC to meet with President Lincoln during the
Civil War to appeal to the President that Redemptorist students not be
drafted. He served with great energy in a parish in New Orleans.  He died
there of Yellow Fever, having contracted it while visiting the sick there.
He was beatified by John Paul II in 2000.

Nehemiah was a good servant, and single-heartedly served God and his king.
In today's Gospel someone says, "I will follow you wherever you go."  Many
things are important to us. When we become distracted, we can allow other
things to take priority and find that we are no longer single-hearted. And
Jesus says, "No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left
behind is fit for the Kingdom of God."

I pray that I may be single-hearted and ready when God calls me to serve
Him. I pray that I may not be distracted from those things that are the most
important.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers that she will find a job. Christine asks for
prayers for guidance with the business proposal that was offered to her and
her husband so that they my discern if it is God's will in their life and
his answer to their financial difficulties. Debbie ask prayers for a
co-worker's wife who is having a kidney removed Thursday. Tina requests
prayer for her husband who was  hit by a car in a crosswalk and is going
into his 2nd surgery on 10-3 that he heal quickly and keep his job and
insurance.

A member asks prayers for granddaughter who canceled her wedding, that she
will be happy and move on with her life. Nancy from PA requests prayers for
the Amish families and victims of the Nickel Mines School killings on the
first anniversary of the shootings that they may find peace in the knowledge
their little ones are in the arms of Jesus. Frieda asks prayers for a
special intention. Debbie asks prayers for her son who will not seek help
for his depression and has thoughts of suicide. Gen asks prayers that her
daughter get a good job.

Ivy asks prayers for someone who is battling cancer and other related
diseases. Leila is asking for prayers for her granddaughter, that she might
find a job and find her way back to her family. Letty ask prayers for his
son who is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Juanita asks for prayers for
her mother who is recovering from her second surgery since September 12,
2007.