<MP>Wednesday, 03 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 23:17:53 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

St. Blase (d. 316)
We know more about the devotion to St. Blase by Christians around the
world than we know about the saint himself. His feast is observed as a
holy day in some Eastern Churches. The Council of Oxford, in 1222,
prohibited servile labor in England on Blase?s feast day. The Germans and
Slavs hold him in special honor and for decades many United States
Catholics have sought the annual St. Blase blessing for their throats

Lord, forgive the wrong I have done. ~Psalm 32

Jesus said to them,?A prophet is not without honor except in his native
place and among his own kin and in his own house.? So he was not able to
perform any mighty deed there, apart from curing a few sick people by
laying his hands on them. He was amazed at their lack of faith. ~Mark
6:1-6

It is easy for us to judge others. Then we can be confronted with our
error. Jesus had been judged by many ... as not being special because He
was one of them ... they knew him and His family. But he received great
honor from people farther away from home. When we're tempted not to listen
to relatives and friends we can admit to the possibility that God is
speaking to us through them. Let us be open to the many ways God reaches
out to us.

I pray that I may be bad at judging others. I pray that I may be aware of
God's presence in others, especially in family members, friends and people
I have pre-judged.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

(c)MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger