<MP>Wednesday, 03 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 19:31:10 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com.  There's daily progress too, at: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Francis Xavier (1506-1552)
Jesus asked, "What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and
forfeit his life?" (Matthew 16:26a). The words were repeated to a young
teacher of philosophy who had a highly promising career in academics, with
success and a life of prestige and honor before him. Francis Xavier, 24 at
the time, and living and teaching in Paris, did not heed these words at
once. They came from a good friend, Ignatius of Loyola, whose tireless
persuasion finally won the young man to Christ. Francis then made the
spiritual exercises under the direction of Ignatius, and in 1534 joined his
little community (the infant Society of Jesus). Together at Montmartre they
vowed poverty, chastity and apostolic service according to the directions of
the pope.  For more, follow the link below:

On this mountain he will destroy the veil that veils all peoples, The web
that is woven over all nations; he will destroy death forever. The Lord GOD
will wipe away the tears from all faces; The reproach of his people he will
remove from the whole earth; for the LORD has spoken. ~Isaiah 25:6-10a

He ordered the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven
loaves and the fish, gave thanks, broke the loaves,
and gave them to the disciples, who in turn gave them to the crowds. They
all ate and were satisfied. They picked up the fragments left over-seven
baskets full.  ~Matthew 15:29-37

We'd all like to understand.  The mysteries of faith capture our
imagination, and we yearn for the days when we can understand.  As we
prepare for the coming of Jesus at Christmas and at the end of time we look
forward to thief time when He will destroy the veil that veils all people,
the web that is woven over all nations; He will destroy death forever. What
great news!  And we'll understand too, the generosity of a God who can feed
thousands with seven loaves of bread and a few fish ... and have more food
left than He started with!

I pray that I may draw near to God even though I do not fully understand all
the mysteries of our Faith.  I pray that I may come to a greater
understanding of the God's work and generosity.  I pray that, as I work for
the things that last, I may imitate this generosity and help others
understand God more deeply through knowing me.