<MP>Wednesday, 02 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:53:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed John Francis Burté and Companions (d. 1792; d. 1794)
These priests were victims of the French Revolution. Though their martyrdom
spans a period of several years, they stand together in the Church?s memory
because they all gave their lives for the same principle. The Civil
Constitution of the Clergy (1791) required all priests to take an oath which
amounted to a denial of the faith. Each of these men refused and was
executed. John Francis Burté became a Franciscan at 16 and after ordination
taught theology to the young friars. Later he was guardian of the large
Conventual friary in Paris until he was arrested and held in the convent of
the Carmelites.  For more, follow the link below:

Of this you have already heard through the word of truth, the Gospel, that
has come to you. Just as in the whole world it is bearing fruit and growing,
so also among you, from the day you heard it and came to know the grace of
God in truth,
as you learned it from Epaphras our beloved fellow slave, who is a
trustworthy minister of Christ on your behalf and who also told us of your
love in the Spirit. ~Colossians 1:1-8

At sunset, all who had people sick with various diseases brought them to
him. He laid his hands on each of them and cured them. And demons also came
out from many, shouting, ?You are the Son of God.? ~Luke 4:38-44

Jesus healed.  And word spread of His amazing powers.  Still, even though
people began to believe, it was harder for them to change their focus and
their behavior.  They came when they wanted.  And Jesus had great patience.
How much better it is when we believe, and then draw closer to the God who
heals us and sustains us.

I pray that I may believe.  I pray too, that I may cultivate a closer
relationship with the God who heals and sustains me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Alvin asks prayers for a special intention. Jo Ann requests prayers for
special intentions for her son and his family. Gen asks prayers for a
special intention.

Kathy asks prayers for a special intention. Jeannine requests prayers for
her friend who is going through a difficult pregnancy. Juanita asks prayers
for a special intention.

Neil requests prayers for an improvement in relations between himself and
his wife. Debbie asks for prayers for her son who is struggling with his
addiction. Agnes asks prayers for daughter so she heals well from a fall and
so she finds a job.

Maggie asks prayers for a special intention. Deb is asking prayers for her
son who is moving to another city to find employment. Rich asks that the
Holy Spirit will come down and touch his wife to bring her back to God,
Jesus, the church, and reunite family of 7. Luvina asks prayers for strength
and vision for her family and for the ability to forgive for herself.

Anna, asks for prayers for her Mother, a stroke patient, who had a bad fall
and is not her usual self. Jim asks prayers for someone who is going through
a difficult marriage, that she might find her faith again and know what is
God's will for her to be able to make a proper decision.