<MP>Wednesday, 02 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 19:03:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Oliver Plunkett (1629-1681)
The name of today's saint is especially familiar to the Irish and the
English-and with good reason. The English martyred Oliver Plunkett for
defending the faith in his native Ireland during a period of severe
persecution. Born in County Meath in 1629, he studied for the priesthood in
Rome and was ordained there in 1654. After some years of teaching and
service to the poor of Rome he was appointed Archbishop of Armagh in
Ireland. Four years later, in 1673, a new wave of anti-Catholic persecution
began, forcing Archbishop Plunkett to do his pastoral work in secrecy and
disguise and to live in hiding. Meanwhile, many of his priests were sent
into exile; schools were closed; Church services had to be held in secret
and convents and seminaries were suppressed. As archbishop, he was viewed as
ultimately responsible for any rebellion or political activity among his
parishioners.  For more, follow the link below:

Seek good and not evil, that you may live; Then truly will the LORD, the God
of hosts, be with you as you claim! ~Amos 5:14-15, 21-24

They cried out, "What have you to do with us, Son of God? Have you come here
to torment us before the appointed time?" Some distance away a herd of many
swine was feeding. The demons pleaded with him, "If you drive us out, send
us into the herd of swine." And he said to them, "Go then!" They came out
and entered the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into
the sea where they drowned. ~Matthew 8:24-34

Life can become confusing to us, sometimes over a long period of time.  We
can lose track of our values and work for things that really don't last.  We
can seek evil and not even notice it.  Sometimes we can open ourselves to a
force of evil that is really too big for us.  And the move we've made away
from God can conceal the fact that God is more powerful than any evil.

I pray that I may seek good and not evil.  I pray that when I cooperate with
evil and allow myself to be overtaken by it, that I may seek the power of
God to restore me in right relationship with Him and others once more.