<MP>Wednesday, 01 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:46:04 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897)
"I prefer the monotony of obscure sacrifice to all ecstasies. To pick up a
pin for love can convert a soul." These are the words of Theresa of the
Child Jesus, a Carmelite nun called the "Little Flower," who lived a
cloistered life of obscurity in the convent of Lisieux, France. [In
French-speaking areas, she is known as Thérèse of Lisieux.] And her
preference for hidden sacrifice did indeed convert souls. Few saints of God
are more popular than this young nun. Her autobiography, The Story of a
Soul, is read and loved throughout the world. Thérèse Martin entered the
convent at the age of 15 and died in 1897 at the age of 24.  For more,
follow the link below:

I know well that it is so; but how can a man be justified before God? Should
one wish to contend with him, he could not answer him once in a thousand
times. God is wise in heart and mighty in strength; who has withstood him
and remained unscathed? ~Job 9:1-12, 14-16

And another said, ?I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to
my family at home.? Jesus answered him, ?No one who sets a hand to the plow
and looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God.?  ~Luke
9:57-62

How important it is for us to be focused o God's call in our lives, and
being ready to respond to that call. Saint Thérèse, the Little Flower, lived
a cloistered life in a Carmelite convent. Her quiet sacrifices indeed saved
souls.  She said, "I prefer the monotony of obscure sacrifice to all
ecstasies. To pick up a pin for love can convert a soul." She forgot herself
in quiet acts of love. She suffered with weakness and illness her whole life
long and died in 1897 at the age of 24.

I pray that I may forget myself in service to others.  I pray that I may
quietly sacrifice and work in small ways to help convert souls.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary asks prayers for a young woman who has serious physical problems for
the strength to cope. Marie asks prayers for a special intention. Mother ask
prayers for bipolar son for health and success while attending college.
Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention.

Betty asks prayers for several special intentions. A member requests prayers
for her mum who suffers from severe pain due to a spur in her back, may the
Lord continue to give her strength. Irene asks prayers for several special
intentions.