<MP>Tuesday, 31 October 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:28:08 -0600

.=:  T H E   O C C U L T ,  C O M M U N I O N   O F   S A I N T S  :=.

Check the All Saints/All Souls update for the Church's stance on the Occult,
fortune-telling, Ouija boards, etc.  and a good explanation of the
"Communion of Saints."  There are lots of Saints links too, and prayers for
those who have died, those who have suffered a miscarriage, and even the
Scriptures for Funerals.  Visit our dia de Muertos page for lots of photos
and information about the Mexican Day of the Dead. Follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  ~Psalm 119:105

In all of us there is an inner consciousness that tells of God, an inner
voice that speaks to our hearts.  It is a voice that speaks to us
intimately, personally, in a time of quiet mediation.  It is like a lamp
unto our feet and a light unto our path.  We can reach out into the darkness
and figuratively touch the hand of God.  Deep down inside each of us is the
fundamental idea of God.  We can find this great reality deep down within
us.  And as we find it, it can change our whole attitude toward life.

I pray that I may follow the leading of the inner voice.  I pray that I may
not turn a deaf ear to the urging of my conscience.'

A member asks prayers for a husband who seems tormented and is refusing to
go to church with family and also for a coworker who is always sick. A mom
asks prayers for a special intention.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm