<MP>Tuesday, 31 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:19:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Stephen of Mar Saba (d. 794)
A "do not disturb" sign helped today's saint find holiness and peace.
Stephen of Mar Saba was the nephew of St. John Damascene, who introduced the
young boy to monastic life beginning at age 10. When he reached 24, Stephen
served the community in a variety of ways, including guest master. After
some time he asked permission to live a hermit's life. The answer from the
abbot was yes and no: Stephen could follow his preferred lifestyle during
the week, but on weekends he was to offer his skills as a counselor. Stephen
placed a note on the door of his cell: "Forgive me, Fathers, in the name of
the Lord, but please do not disturb me except on Saturdays and Sundays."
For more, follow the link below:

So Moses prayed for the people, and the LORD said to Moses, "Make a saraph
and mount it on a pole, and whoever looks at it after being bitten will
live." Moses accordingly made a bronze serpent and mounted it on a pole, and
whenever anyone who had been bitten by a serpent looked at the bronze
serpent, he lived. ~Numbers 21:4-9

So Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will
realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own,
but I say only what the Father taught me. The one who sent me is with me. He
has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to him." Because
he spoke this way, many came to believe in him.  ~John 8:21-30

Our sins have consequences.  The bronze serpent raised up in the desert
reminded the children of Israel of their sin. Jesus raised up on the cross
would remind the Pharisees and others of the consequences of their actions.
The good news is God's forgiveness.  Sometimes we're afraid to confess our
sins, perhaps naively believing we can hide them even from God.  But God
knows all about them. When we confess them we open ourselves to God's saving
and healing grace. We can accept the opportunity of confessing our sins in
the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) this Holy Season.  For some
good Reconciliation resources, including a small sheet that contains all the
words you'll need for Reconciliation except the sins, check this page:
www.frpat.com/reconciliation.htm

I pray that I may turn away from my sins and back to God.  I pray that I may
bring my sins out in the open so God can give me his healing and saving
grace.  I pray that I may always remember God's forgiveness!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Greta asks prayers for a special intention. Mother asks prayers for her son
who is having surgery Friday for nasal polyps. Rob asks prayers for a
special intention. Please pray for all those who will celebrate the
Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) this Holy Season.

Annette requests prayers for someone who has cancer. John asks prayers for
his 94 year old grandmother who had to be placed in a nursing home and is
not accepting her loss of independence. Alvina asks prayers for a special
intention. Jackie asks prayers for a special intention.