<MP>Tuesday, 30 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:54:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Jerome (345-420)
Most of the saints are remembered for some outstanding virtue or devotion
which they practiced, but Jerome is remembered too frequently for his bad
temper! It is true that he had a very bad temper and could use a vitriolic
pen, but his love for God and his Son Jesus Christ was extraordinarily
intense; anyone who taught error was an enemy of God and truth, and St.
Jerome went after him or her with his mighty and sometimes sarcastic pen.
For more, follow the link below:

Why did I not perish at birth, come forth from the womb and expire? Or why
was I not buried away like an untimely birth,
like babes that have never seen the light? ~Job 3:1-3, 11-17, 20-23

When the disciples James and John saw this they asked, "Lord, do you want us
to call down fire from heaven to consume them?" Jesus turned and rebuked
them, and they journeyed to another village. ~Luke 9:51-56

Although most saints are remembered for their gentleness and virtue, Saint
Jerome is remembered for his bad temper and fiery pen. Anyone who taught
error was an enemy of truth and of God, and Jerome went after the person
with his mighty and sometimes sarcastic pen. Above all though, he was a
scripture scholar and translated most of the Old Testament from Hebrew and
wrote scripture commentaries that are still useful to us today. He is
particularly important for making the bible translation called the Vulgate.
He traveled extensively in the Holy Land and lived in Bethlehem in the cave
believed to be the birthplace of Christ.  He died in Bethlehem.  His remains
were taken back to Rome and lie buried in the Basilica of Saint Mary Major
there.

I pray that I may stand up and defend my faith with all my might. I pray
that I may learn more about God through my study of Scripture, be a devoted
follower and strive to walk in the footsteps of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Laurina asks prayers for a special intention. Tina requests prayers for
several special intentions and thanks God for the many blessings she has
been given. Cherie request prayer's for her and her family that they have a
safe Trip to Scotland and safe trip back.

Bill asks for prayers of Thanksgiving to God for the great improvement of
his ill sister and his own health improvement. Beth requests prayers for her
friend who is having surgery for breast cancer. Joyce asks for a clean
cancer free  cat scan for her daughter tomorrow.

Therese requests prayers for her family who need financial help following
several personal tragedies. Angela asks prayers for a two year old boy (and
his family) who is very ill from an infection.  A daughter requests prayers
for her dad who is hospitalized.

Frieda asks for healing for her daughter who is undergoing chemotherapy for
colon cancer. A mother requests prayers for healing for her little girl who
has autism and a speech disability as she struggles in kindergarten.