<MP>Tuesday, 30 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:38:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!
The last two tickets have been sold.

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Alphonsus Rodriguez (c. 1533-1617)
Alphonsus found happiness through simple service and prayer. He inherited
the family textile business at 23.  Within 3 years his wife, daughter and
mother died and business was poor.  He sold it and he and his young son
moved in with his sister. His son died too, and he applied to join the
Jesuits ... twice. He served as doorkeeper at the Jesuit college in Majorca.
When not working he was almost always at prayer. His simple holiness and
prayerfulness attracted many to him, including St. Peter Claver, then a
Jesuit seminarian ... and Gerard Manley Hopkins who made him the subject of
one of his poems.  For more, follow the link below:

"We know that all creation is groaning in labor pains even until now; and
not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, we
also grown within ourselves as we wait for adoption, the redemption of our
bodies."  ~ Romans 8:18-25

The Kingdom of God "is like yeast that a woman took and mixed with three
measures of wheat flour until the whole batch of dough was leavened."  ~
Luke 13:18-21

We wait with endurance for what we do not see.  We rely on our faith, a
faith that is certainly sufficient. As our faith is shared it becomes like
yeast as it grows too in the lives of those around us!

I pray that I may realize that hope means waiting and truly expecting
something that I cannot see.  I pray that I may wait in joyful hope, and
that my faith may strengthen the faith of those around me.