<MP>Tuesday, 30 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:44:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Peter Regalado (1390-1456)
Peter lived at a very busy time. The Great Western Schism (1378-1417) was
settled at the Council of Constance (1414-1418). France and England were
fighting the Hundred Years' War, and in 1453 the Byzantine Empire was
completely wiped out by the loss of Constantinople to the Turks. At Peter's
death the age of printing had just begun in Germany, and Columbus's arrival
in the New World was less than 40 years away. Peter came from a wealthy and
pious family in Valladolid, Spain. At the age of 13, he was allowed to enter
the Conventual Franciscans. Shortly after his ordination, he was made
superior of the friary in Aguilar. He became part of a group of friars who
wanted to lead a life of greater poverty and penance. In 1442 he was
appointed head of all the Spanish Franciscans in his reform group.

It is too little, he says, for you to be my servant, to raise up the tribes
of Jacob, and restore the survivors of Israel;
I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the
ends of the earth. ~Isaiah 49:1-6

Peter said to him, "Master, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my
life for you." Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for me? Amen,
amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow before you deny me three times."
~John 13:21-33, 36-38

Jesus' disciples were people of good will.  Their intentions were great.
But when the chips were down, they began to falter.  Still, Jesus continued
to love them, and built His Church upon their foundation. May we be strong
in our faith and follow the Lord's call.  And may we know His patience in
our times of weakness and approach Him for forgiveness and the strength to
carry on in even a stronger way.

I pray that I may strive to follow Jesus.  I pray that I may know His mercy
and forgiveness too, and the possibility to carry on even stronger even
after my failures.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member asks prayers for a granddaughter who is battling addictions.
Frances asks prayers for special intentions. Mark asks prayers for his
nephew who has contacted scleroderma, that they might find a cure for it.

A mom gives thanks for her son's improved health and asks for a complete
spiritual and physical healing. we request your prayers for someone to
continue on the path of healing - 60 days sober. Tina asks prayers for
improved health for several family members, her pastor, and herself.

Loretta asks for prayers for strength during her heart tests, and for relief
of shoulder pain.  Members ask prayers for their son who is to have surgery
Thursday, He needs a partial or a whole knee replacement. A member asks for
prayers for her brother who lost his job in December, that he will find
another suitable job very soon, and that he will not lose faith through all
of this.