<MP>Tuesday, 29 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:28:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Michael, Gabriel and Raphael
Angels-messengers from God-appear frequently in Scripture, but only Michael,
Gabriel and Raphael are named.
Michael appears in Daniel's vision as "the great prince" who defends Israel
against its enemies; in the Book of Revelation, he leads God's armies to
final victory over the forces of evil. Devotion to Michael is the oldest
angelic devotion, rising in the East in the fourth century. The Church in
the West began to observe a feast honoring Michael and the angels in the
fifth century.  For more, follow the link below:

Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you believe because I told you that I
saw you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than this." And he
said to him, "Amen, amen, I say to you, you will see heaven opened and the
angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."  ~John 1:47-51

In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord. ~Psalm 138

You're an angel.  We hear that so often. We can certainly be "angels" to one
another, but God also provides supernatural angels for us ... to protect,
announce and guide. We can learn more about them, and then depend too, on
these wonderful beings. We still receive God's protection, enlightenment and
guidance in ways that we don't understand.  But we can be grateful for the
angels God sends us.

I pray that I may know that I am never alone.  I pray that I may depend on
God's angels to protect, enlighten and guide me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Debbie asks for prayers for  her son who, over the weekend, totaled his car
and will now lose his job because he is losing his fight against his
addiction to  prescription drugs. Jean requests prayers for her
granddaughter, that she will find God's purpose for her life. Jessica asks
prayers for a special intention.

Marlene  asks prayers for a special intention. Elizabeth asks prayers for
her husband who was just diagnosed with cancer. Grandmother begs divine
mercy & healing for grandson who quit job, dropped out of school, moved in
with girlfriend hundreds of miles away, drinking & who knows what else &
says he wants to be a rock star.