<MP>Tuesday, 29 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 21:48:05 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

M E E T I N G S    T O D A Y  (TUESDAY)
If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.  If you think you may be joining us,
let me know as soon as you can so I can keep track of the group!

M E M O R I A L    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Memorial Day page for:

*History of Memorial Day
*In Flanders Fields
*History of Labor Day
*Our Grief Support Page
*Search for names on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall.
*Flag Etiquette
*Use the on-line referral form to recommend this special
   page to family members and friends.

Just click the link at: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"We, however, will not boast beyond limits, but will keep within the field
that God has assigned to us, to reach out even as far as you. For we were
not overstepping our limits when we reached you; we were the first to come
all the way to you with the good news of Christ.  We do not boast beyond
limits, that is, in the labors of others; but our hope is that, as your
faith increases, our sphere of action among you may be greatly enlarged, so
that we may proclaim the good news in lands beyond you, without boasting of
work already done in someone else's sphere of action.  'Let the one who
boasts, boast in the Lord.'"  ~2 Corinthians 10:13-17

I can try to help others.  I can try not to let a day pass without reaching
out an arm of love to someone.  Each day I can try to do something to lift
another human being out of the sea of discouragement into which he or she
has fallen.  My helping hand is often needed to raise the helpless to
courage, to strength, to faith, to health.  In my own gratitude, I can turn
and help others with the burden that is pressing too heavily upon them.

I pray that I may be used by God to lighten many burdens.  I pray that many
souls may be helped through my efforts.

Peter requests prayer for his sister-in-law who will be having a mastectomy
on May 29 after two unsuccessful lumpectomies. Ina ask strength that
daughter can deal with boss. Judi asks prayers for a special intention. A
member asks prayers for her 93-year-old mother who is in the hospital and
has developed a blistering rash following pneumonia. Member, Joselda,
requests prayers for a priest who had his second leg amputated.