<MP>Tuesday, 29 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:22:27 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY
      PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

Sts. Peter and Paul (d. 64 & 67)
Peter (d. 64?). St. Mark ends the first half of his Gospel with a triumphant
climax. He has recorded doubt, misunderstanding and the opposition of many
to Jesus. Now Peter makes his great confession of faith: "You are the
Messiah" (Mark 8:29b). It was one of the many glorious moments in Peter's
life, beginning with the day he was called from his nets along the Sea of
Galilee to become a fisher of men for Jesus. The New Testament clearly shows
Peter as the leader of the apostles, chosen by Jesus to have a special
relationship with him. With James and John he was privileged to witness the
Transfiguration, the raising of a dead child to life and the agony in
Gethsemane. His mother-in-law was cured by Jesus. He was sent with John to
prepare for the last Passover before Jesus' death. His name is first on
every list of apostles. And to Peter only did Jesus say, "Blessed are you,
Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my
heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I
will build my church, and the gates of the nether world shall not prevail
against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you
bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth
shall be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:17b-19).

For more, follow this link:

I, Paul, am already being poured out like a libation, and the time of my
departure is at hand. I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have
kept the faith. ~2 Timothy 4:6-8, 17-18

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my
Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I
will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth
shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in
heaven."  ~Matthew 13:16-19

Jesus chose wisely.  At first it seems that Peter, Paul and the others
lacked intelligence and conviction.  But Jesus could see into the heart and
relied on these two and others to build His Church, his Body on Earth. And
they met the mark, as He knew they would.

I pray that I may realize that I am being called by God.  I pray that I may
not plead weakness, lack of intelligence or lack of courage, but rely on the
Lord to help me carry out the mission God lies before me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mom requests prayers for her daughter who is away at college and is having
medical issues. A member asks for prayers to help her deal with her Mother's
death. Luvina requests prayers for her grandson who made a miraculous
physical recovery from surgery for a benign brain tumor, but is having
emotional issues.

A Mother ask for prayers that her son gets a job. Melva requests prayers for
her great niece who is only 6 and is having bone scans, biopsies and other
tests, for the medical staff to find and treat the problem so that she can
be well and strong. A member requests prayers for her son, who is in a
harmful relationship, that he realize this and make the right choices.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse